Fenix International is seeking a talented, motivated Business Strategy Associate to join our rapidly growing team as we work to bring affordable solar power to emerging markets in East Africa. The role will entail working closely with the Customer Experience Manager to make data driven business decisions that will improve Fenix customers’ overall experience. The Business Strategy Associate making data driven strategic project recommendations to implement, as well as driving their rollout. This is a key role that will have operational impact on largest division of the company.
This position offers an incredible opportunity to work with a team of business professionals and engineers and directly contribute to the success of a Silicon Valley startup. Candidates must have a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy and sustainable development in Frontier Markets.
As a Business Strategy Associate, you will be based in Kampala, Uganda, working on critical projects with immediate impact and with the opportunity to travel domestically to understand Fenix’s customer base.
- Drive and test innovative data strategies to improve overall customer experience
- Design and develop interactive dashboards and reports to make key strategic decisions that will impact the entire business with the use of our data analytics and visualization software (Tableau)
- Summarize insights of the data, and communicate implications and strategic recommendations for customer experience improvements and growth opportunities
- Develop cutting edge new metrics and analyses to evaluate customer trends and behavior
- Set up and conduct A/B tests and perform statistical analysis on the results to drive necessary business insights around the overall customer experience
- Identify and communicate areas for continual improvement of service levels and staffing models for the call center; recommend and initiate process improvements
- Identify cost reduction strategies whilst maintaining an excellent customer experience
- Collaborate with the software team on database architecture and data collection methodologies.
Required Skills & Experience
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
- A robust analytical skill-set, endless curiosity and a desire to think the outside the box
- Deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Leadership and project management experience: we are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team, or new company and we especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase
- Education and work experience in data analysis/ science/ statistics/ financial analysis, etc
- Experience with survey design, analysis, and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data
- Commitment to live and work in East Africa for at least 1-2 years
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Three years minimum work experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Thrives on teamwork
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with data analysis and visualization software tools.
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis program (e.g., STATA, R)
- SQL knowledge and experience
- Tableau knowledge and experience
- Experience in analyzing financial repayment, ideally microfinance
- Education and/or work experience in the developing world, ideally East Africa
- Master's degree
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Fenix offers a competitive salary, equity and a fun work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.