Fenix International (www.fenixintl.com) is a venture-backed technology company whose mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.15 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
To date, we have sold over 100,000 ReadyPay Power systems in Uganda and we are growing our product portfolio and geographic coverage to bring power and a wider world of financing to over 2 million customers by 2020. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services in Zambia.
Fenix is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated and disciplined Customer Experience Director with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy, and financial inclusion to join our team. The Customer Experience Director will lead all Customer Experience strategy and operations, including after sales service, call center operations and portfolio health, ensuring top-of-the-line customer service.
- Work with Fenix Global Customer Experience Director and Zambia Country Director to create Customer Experience strategic plans, adapting on existing plans from Uganda, and execute
- Build and manage a team of likeminded, hardworking individuals including direct management of Call Center Manager, Service Center Manager, and Portfolio Health Team Manager when hired.
- Lead Fenix Customer Experience research and innovation (customer voice and customer financial lives) throughout Zambia, using result to make strategic, data-driven changes in improve customer experience
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of quality and efficiency and execute. Ensure an exceptional experience across all customer products and touch points
- Develop effective and scalable systems and oversee implementation through strong staff
- Create effective dashboard and use these to drive/communicate results and to make decisions
- In addition, the Customer Experience Director will be responsible for the following through management of direct reports:
- Ensure that all Customer Service Representatives provide an excellent Experience to all customers, with each interaction
- Recruit, train, coach, and provide ongoing leadership for all Customer Service Representatives
- Manage overall call center performance (team and individual)
- Oversee Quality Assurance throughout Call Center by ensuring consistent messaging, training (includes monitoring calls)
- Coordinate, drive and measure results in forecasting, capacity planning, scheduling, real time resource management, and real time resource reporting
- Closely monitor and adjust Fenix resources to optimize the balance between compliant service levels, low call abandonment, and high utilization, while keeping the Customer Experience in mind
- Work with management to identify Key Performance Indicators, analyze ouput data, and implement changes in the call center to optimize resources and deliver an exceptional Customer Experience
- Project budgetary expenses, determine future costing and ensure budget adherence
- Analyze and interpret call center data to determine staffing needs. Create schedules to assure service levels and customer experience goals are met
- Adjust schedules daily based on call volume fluctuations and changing business needs
- Coordinate departmental schedules in conjunction with Team Leaders and managers; including training, team meetings, vacation, overtime, etc., to maximize service levels
- Proactively make strategic routing decisions to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and overall Customer Experience
- Effectively manage overall capacity needs across teams
- Produce weekly and monthly reports showing Call Center performance. Communicate with supervisors and managers to make recommendations based on reports
- Monitor skills/queues in realtime to ensure resources are being utilized to provide optimal service levels for customers
- Identify and communicate areas for continual improvement of service levels and staffing models for the call Center; recommending and initiating process improvements
Qualifications/skills & experience
- Several years of experience leading and managing a team dedicated to providing top-tier customer experience. Preferably in a developing country setting
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- Knowledge and experience with call flow technologies and strategies
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to transition between tactical and strategic projects
- Specific experience with workforce methodologies is required
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
- Proficiency in Nyanja, Bemba or other local language highly desired
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Fenix offers a competitive salary, equity and a fun, fast paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.