We’re looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual with strong sales team leadership experience looking to build a highly motivated sales team to support the scale of ReadyPay across Zambia.
Fenix International (www.fenixintl.com) is a venture-backed technology company whose mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.15 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
To date, we have sold over 100,000 ReadyPay Power systems in Uganda and we are growing our product portfolio and geographic coverage to bring power and a wider world of financing to over 2 million customers by 2020. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services in Zambia.
Reporting to the Fenix Zambia Sales & Marketing Director, the National Sales Manager will head the Zambia Sales and Marketing Team in developing and managing a highly motivated sales team, backed by a targeted marketing strategy to support the sale of life changing energy and financial services to rural Zambians powered by ReadyPay.
- Work with the Fenix Global Sales & Marketing Director and the Zambia Sales Director (when hired) to develop and deploy a marketing strategy optimizing ATL/BTL throughout Zambia
- Maximize sales opportunities with strategic partners including market activations, trade shows, on other similar events
- Work with the Fenix Zambia Customer Experience Manager and partners to ensure communications to customers and Fenix partners are clear and consistent
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and projecting sales volumes per region for new and existing products broken down by region per sales manager
- Set targets and communicate goals, objectives and key results across the sales team
- Motivate the sales team to ensure Fenix hits its sales targets and grows accordingly
Monitoring, Reporting & Optimization
- Report directly to the Fenix Zambia Sales Director on progress towards sales objectives and key results
- Create quarterly sales plans to share with the broader Fenix team and review weekly sales plans with sales managers in the field
- Work closely with the Operations team to maintain sales volume by continually adapting to market conditions and communicating the desired kit mix
- Recruit, manage and maintain a highly productive national sales force made up of Regional Sales Managers and commission based agents to ensure national coverage and saturation of Fenix Sales Agents
- Support team development by performing regular reviews and trainings, retaining high performing team members and finding creative ways to boost low performing sales team
Required Skills & Experience
- Leadership & project management experience: We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to scaling a company or project. We especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase.
- Three years’ minimum work experience in a sales role
- Education and/or work experience in East Africa
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Highly motivated by customer happiness
- Motivational and passionate character that engenders Fenix values across a large team
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant field
Highly Desired Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in Nyanja, Bemba or other local language highly desired
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun, fast paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.