We’re looking for a highly motivated entrepreneurial individual with strong sales team leadership and strategy experience looking to create and lead a national sales strategy and a results-driven, targets-focused sales team to support the scale of ReadyPay across Zambia.
Fenix International (www.fenixintl.com) is a venture-backed technology company whose mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.15 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
To date, we have sold over 100,000 ReadyPay Power systems in Uganda and we are growing our product portfolio and geographic coverage to bring power and a wider world of financing to over 2 million customers by 2020. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services in Zambia.
The Zambia Sales Director will create and execute a national sales and marketing strategy, and will develop and lead a highly motivated sales team to support the sale of life-changing energy and financial services to rural Zambians powered by ReadyPay.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Fenix customer in Zambia to inform Fenix’s marketing, sales, and staffing strategies
- Develop, deploy, test, and refine a marketing strategy optimizing ATL/BTL throughout Zambia
- Identify and assess marketing channels and target marketing investments to maximize outreach and influence among Fenix’s customer base
- Maximize sales opportunities with strategic partners and all other relevant stakeholders, market activations, trade shows, corporate partnerships, and other marketing avenues
- Create a customer-focused sales strategy that optimizes reach to customers most in need of ReadyPay power, embodies our commitment to providing exceptional customer experience, and supports strong portfolio health/on-time repayment
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and projecting sales volumes per region for new and existing products broken down by region per sales manager
- Set targets and communicate goals, objectives, and key results across the sales team
- Create and scale an effective field-based sales team and support commission-based agents to maximize sales across Zambia
- Motivate the sales team to ensure Fenix hits its sales targets and grows accordingly, including testing and setting compensation, targets, and incentive structures across the salesforce (internal and external to Fenix)
- Continually evaluate Fenix’s pricing strategy, sales trends, and customer behaviors and aspirations and make recommendations to maintain Fenix competitiveness, sales volume, and profitability
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager to support distribution and stock management procedures at the stockist and vendor levels
- Track relevant trends and business intelligence in the Zambian market and make recommendations to Fenix leadership to continually improve Fenix’s product and brand positioning vis-à-vis competitors
Data, Monitoring, Reporting, and Optimization
- Test, validate, and refine Fenix Zambia’s sales, marketing, and related talent strategies according to data-driven analyses and field-based insights
- Drive innovative data strategies to improve the overall sales process, and share insights with Fenix Zambia’s Customer Experience Director to inform an improved customer experience process
- Report directly to the Fenix leadership team on progress toward sales objectives and results, and provide critical and contextual analyses of sales team performance and sales results
- Create quarterly sales plans to share with the broader Fenix team and review weekly sales plans with sales managers in the field
- Work closely with the Operations team to maintain sales volume by continually adapting to market conditions and communicating the desired kit mix, upgrade mix, and pricing strategy
- Work with Fenix leadership and partners to ensure communications to customers and Fenix partners are clear, consistent, and on-brand
- Recruit, manage, and maintain a highly productive national sales force made up of Regional Sales Managers and commission-based agents to ensure national coverage and saturation of Fenix Sales Agents
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, particularly those inside and across the franchisee and agent network of Fenix’s strategic partner
- Support team development by performing regular reviews and trainings, retaining high performing team members, and finding creative ways to boost low performing sales team members
- Help create a culture that recognizes and embraces Fenix’s vision and value, always encourages success, and supports all employees
- Contribute to business development through market entry strategy development, partnership development, and pilot support as needed
- Use learnings from Zambia to support the development of commercial launch strategies in new markets, including contributing to the design of national sales strategies, staffing strategies, and staff onboarding/training as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- Significant leadership and management experience in hiring and leading a top-tier nation-wide sales team, ideally in a developing country setting
- Education and/or work experience in East Africa
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Highly motivated by customer happiness
- Motivational and passionate character that engenders Fenix values across a large team
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant field
Highly Desired Skills
- Fluency in Bemba, Nyanja or other local language
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Fenix offers a competitive salary, equity, and a fun, fast paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.