We’re looking for an experienced Sales Strategy Associate passionate about thinking big, making things happen, and strategically growing sales at our fast-growing startup based in Uganda and expanding into Zambia.
Fenix International (www.fenixintl.com) is a venture-backed technology company whose mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.15 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
To date, we have sold over 100,000 ReadyPay Power systems in Uganda and we are growing our product portfolio and geographic coverage to bring power and a wider world of financing to over 2 million customers by 2020. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services in Zambia.
Fenix International is seeking a talented, motivated Sales Strategy Associate to join our rapidly growing team as we work to bring affordable solar power and other products to customers in emerging markets in East Africa. As the Sales Strategy Associate, you will work closely with the Sales Director to make data driven business decisions that will improve sales rates, sales efficiency, marketing strategy, and Fenix customers’ overall experience. You will own the process of:
- Analyzing Fenix’s sales data set
- Creating strategic sales recommendations
- Running A/B tests to determine most effective sales strategies
- Designing strategic project plans, including owners, implementation plan, and how to measure success
- Managing cross-functional teams to execute key sales projects
- Reviewing results of strategic projects to inform recommended path forward
This position offers an incredible opportunity to work with a talented team of business professionals and engineers and directly contribute to the success of a Silicon Valley startup. Candidates must have a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy and sustainable development in emerging markets.
As a Sales Strategy Associate, you will be based in Lusaka, Zambia, with regular travel to the field to understand the customer and the last-mile sales process.
- Drive and test innovative data driven strategies to improve overall sales model and supporting processes
- Develop cutting edge new metrics and analyses to evaluate sales trends and customer behavior
- Design and develop interactive dashboards and reports to make key strategic decisions that will impact the entire business with the use of our data analytics and visualization software (Tableau)
- Summarize insights of the data, and communicate implications and strategic recommendations for Sales and Marketing improvements and growth opportunities
- Set up and conduct A/B tests and perform statistical analysis on the results to drive necessary business insights
- Own specific sales projects from concept to inception with a hands on approach to implementation
- Identify cost reduction strategies whilst maintaining an excellent sales rate
- Support Director in daily management of sales team including quarterly planning, communication, targets, forecasting and hiring
- Provide input into pricing strategy, focusing on the analysis of competitive activity, pricing strategy and its effect on execution framework expectations and sales rate
- Seeks field input and sales management on key decisions and sales strategy
- Acts as key communication channel between internal departments and field sales team including ReadyPay Champions
- Support Sales & Marketing team with other priorities as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- A palpable passion for improving the quality of life of our customers
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced, high-responsibility, preferably within a sales and marketing environment
- Ability to maintain big-picture vision while simultaneously focusing on the minute details – Think big and make it happen
- Ability to use data to make smart decisions (when possible) and the ability to make gut calls when necessary
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
- Leadership and project management experience: we are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team, or new company and we especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase
- Education and work experience in data analysis, statistics, or financial analysis
- Experience with survey design, analysis, and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data
- Commitment to live and work in East Africa for at least 2 years
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Bachelor degree
- Experience with data analysis and visualization software tools.
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis program (e.g., STATA, R)
- SQL and/or Tableau knowledge and experience
- Education and/or work experience in an emerging market, ideally East Africa
- Keen understanding of the mobile telecom and/or renewable energy industries in East Africa
- Understanding of rural BOP markets in East Africa
- Proficiency in Nyanja, Bemba or other local language highly desired
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun, fast paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.