Fenix International (www.fenixintl.com) is a venture-backed technology company whose mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.15 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
To date, we have sold over 100,000 ReadyPay Power systems in Uganda and we are growing our product portfolio and geographic coverage to bring power and a wider world of financing to over 2 million customers by 2020. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services in Zambia.
- Reporting to the Fenix Zambia Managing Director (or Business Development Director until MD is hired), the Operations Manager will head the Zambia Operations Team in developing scalable systems to support the distribution and service of life-changing energy products powered by ReadyPay.
- Importation, Assembly and Warehousing
- Work with Fenix global partners to facilitate the importation of ReadyPay Power Systems and related accessories into Zambia
- Set up an assembly facility in Zambia, to support the assembly of Fenix raw materials into finished goods available for distribution, and perform incoming QC on imports
- Work with Fenix partners to set up smart warehousing systems throughout Zambia to support distribution of ReadyPay products and accessories to the last mile
Intelligent Inventory Systems
- Work with Fenix global operations to develop & deploy a world leading inventory management and reporting system to track ReadyPay products and accessories throughout the entire value chain
- Design systems to critically assess inventory levels, rates of sale across dealers and points of sale (PoS) to determine optimal inventory allocation of ReadyPay systems, accessories and marketing materials across Zambia
- Critically assess in-county logistics options, routes and costs to optimize supply chain efficiency of ReadyPay Power Systems, accessories and service items
- Design, develop, deploy & scale an innovative after sales services system that optimizes the cost of operations whilst delivering world class customer service
Monitoring, Reporting & Optimization
- Monitor and evaluate internal operations processes by measuring and collecting data
- Perform analysis on cost centers of Fenix Zambia operations and set targets for efficiency improvements
Qualifications/skills & experience
- Leadership & project management experience: We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to scaling a company or project. We especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase.
- Three years’ minimum work experience in an operational role
- Education and/or work experience in East Africa
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Highly motivated by customer happiness
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant field
Highly Desired Skills & Experience
- Finance or accounting skills
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Proficiency in Nyanja, Bemba or other local language
- Proficiency in SPSS, STATA, Minitab, R or other stats software
- Proficiency in Nyanja, Bemba or other local language highly desired
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun, fast paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.