Fenix International (www.fenixintl.com) is a venture-backed technology company whose mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.15 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
To date, we have sold over 100,000 ReadyPay Power systems in Uganda and we are growing our product portfolio and geographic coverage to bring power and a wider world of financing to over 2 million customers by 2020. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services in Zambia.
Fenix is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and experienced Talent & Administration Manager to drive the growth and development of the new and fast-growing Fenix Zambia team. This person will work directly with the Business Development Director initially and other departmental Directors and Managers as they are hired, to identify company administrative and human resource needs and priorities and execute on these.
- Strategic Talent Planning & Recruiting
- Collaborate with the Business Development team (until fulltime Country Director is hired) and other department leads to identify hiring needs in short and long-term
- Collaborate with Directors and Managers to create appropriate JDs
- Recruit high quality candidates from a range of unique places (internal referral program, alumni associations, career fairs, leadership/entrepreneurship organizations, traditional recruiting firms and head hunters, etc.)
- Manage the interview process to ensure the best quality candidates with good team fit emerge as final candidates
- New Talent Onboarding & Training
- Collaborate with Department Directors and Managers to create onboarding and training programs for all new talent that is hired
- Implement Training Programs adapted from Uganda with high level of quality
- Develop and manage HR systems and tools to help Fenix grow professionally
- Adapt the existing HR systems and tools from Uganda including the Team Handbook (HR policies and procedures), Leave Policy, Payroll, employee records, etc. as needed
- Maintain the HR database and manage employee relations
- Office Administration
- Manage the Fenix Zambia administration team to ensure an efficient working environment for Fenix Zambia staff
- Property management
- Take lead on identifying both short and long-term office space for Fenix Zambia
- Negotiate all property lease agreements and manage relationships with land lords
- Manage all rent and utility payments until someone more junior is hired to handle this
- Oversee needed furnishing of office
- Identify insurance provider to cover office and all office assets
- Assist in company incorporation and registration with all necessary bodies including ZRA, PACRA, PAYE, Lusaka City Council, and possibly ERB etc. as needed
- Assist in ensuring Fenix Zambia is compliant with all relevant laws
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years minimum work experience implementing and leading Talent or Human Resources teams and policies, preferably with an international company with diverse teams
- Proficiency in HR systems and databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products, especially Word and Excel, as well as Google Docs
- Understanding of Zambian employment law
- Ability to manage an HR team at Fenix and to work closely with department leads on a global, multi-cultural team to define Talent needs
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Outstanding planning and implementation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Ability and drive to work independently and to follow through on all tasks
- Solution-oriented critical thinking
Highly Desired Skills
- Proficiency in Nyanja, Bemba or other local language highly desired
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun, fast paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.