We’re looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual with strong customer service experience looking to provide the best customer experience to the BoP in emerging markets.
Fenix International (www.fenixintl.com) is a venture-backed technology company and our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services.
Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own home solar system financed through affordable installments from just $0.25 per day over Mobile Money. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades or other life-changing loans.
To date, we have sold 65,000 ReadyPay Power systems in Uganda and we are growing our product portfolio and geographic coverage to bring power and a wider world of financing to over 2 million customers by 2020.
Reporting to the Fenix Kenya Managing Director, the Customer Service Manager will head the Kenya Customer Service Team in developing scalable systems to support the delivery and customer support of life changing energy and financial services to rural Kenyans powered by ReadyPay
Call Centre Management
- Build and manage a world class call centre in Kenya to support Fenix’s customer base in Kenya
- Work with local partners along the Fenix value chain to ensure that customers and Fenix partners can always have their needs addressed
- Work with the Fenix Kenya Operations Manager to develop systems to support a country wide after sales service network to support customers throughout Kenya to obtain service
Customer Insights and Communications
- Work with the Fenix Kenya National Sales Manager and partners to ensure communications to customers and Fenix partners are clear and consistent
- Gather insights from customers through their interactions with the customer experience department to inform both strategy and interventions for improving customer experience and the customer journey
Customer Experience Strategy
- Set targets and communicate goals, objectives and key results across the customer experience department to relentlessly pursue an exceptional customer experience.
Monitoring, Reporting & Optimisation
- Monitor and evaluate internal processes by measuring and collecting data
- Perform analysis on customer experience cost centres and drive efficiency whist maintaining standards of excellence. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of quality and efficiency and execute
- Report on progress towards objectives and key results
- Hire a team of like minded individuals, bent on providing amazing customer service and operational excellence in Kenya to perform the customer experience department functions
- Support team development by performing regular reviews and trainings
Required Skills & Experience
- Leadership & project management experience: We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to scaling a company or project. We especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase.
- Three years’ minimum work experience in a customer experience or customer facing role
- Education and/or work experience in East Africa
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Highly motivated by customer happiness
- Motivational and passionate character that engenders Fenix values across a large team
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant field
Highly Desired Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in SPSS, STATA, Minitab, R or other stats software
- Experience running a call center
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
Fenix offers a competitive salary, equity, and a fun work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.